Dogs are too funny, and these guys are a “trip”. I thought it was cats that usually “benefit” from the “funny stuff”, but something tells me these dogs have been into SOMETHING!“Dude…Pass the Milkbones…”Now if we only knew what’s in those Milkbones!
There once was a dog who lived across the street from a cat. Every day, three times a day for months, the dog would longingly peer into the window across the street just to see his beloved cat. It became somewhat of a habit until the cat owner decided to put potted plants on the windowsill her cat loved to sit on… and suddenly the dog couldn’t see his feline crush anymore. Their cute love story wouldn’t end here, however.
The dog spent a few days moping around the house until his owner realized why he was so sad. The woman taped a note on her neighbor’s window that will break your heart in the best way.
The note read:
This is going to seem ridiculous, but I thought you should know that my dog (who lives next door with me) is madly in love with your cat… and has been for probably 6 months! Three times a day, he puts his paws on our railing to look at him/her in your windowsill. Now that you have potted plants there, he is heartbroken… but keeps looking for your cat every time. Maybe your plants could switch to a different window??!
-From your neighbor and her adoring dog
Instead of ignoring the note, the cat owner responded in the absolute best way. She moved the potted plants and left a simple note of her own, “For True Love!”
We don’t know if the pets ended up together or not… but if we had to guess, we’d say they are walking around the block together right now, madly in love.
My husband and I were dressed and ready to go out for a lovely evening of dinner and theatre.
Having been burgled in the past, we turned on a ‘night light’ and the answering machine, then put the cat in the backyard.
When our cab arrived, we walked out our front door and our rather tubby cat scooted between our legs inside, then ran up the stairs.
Because our cat likes to chase our budgie we really didn’t want to leave them unchaperoned so my husband ran inside to retrieve her and put her in the back yard again.
Because I didn’t want the taxi driver to know our house was going to be empty all evening, I explained to him that my husband would be out momentarily as he was just bidding goodnight to my mother.
A few minutes later he got into the cab all hot and bothered, and said (to my growing horror and amusement) as the cab pulled away. “Sorry it took so long but the stupid bitch was hiding under the bed and I had to poke her arse with a coat hanger to get her to come out! She tried to take off so I grabbed her by the neck and wrapped her in a blanket so she wouldn’t scratch me like she did last time. But it worked! I hauled her fat arse down the stairs and threw her into the backyard….she had better not shit in the vegetable garden again.”
This photobombing dog in a Chicago Craigslist apartment listing has literally become the “talk of the town”. The couple who posted the ad had the ingenious idea to let their dog photobomb every picture of the rooms in their apartment hoping that it would draw more attention to their listing because let’s face it…it’s FUNNY! After reading more into the story of the photobombing dog, it seems their idea worked, and their apartment was rented in less than 24 hours after the ad posted!
There is obviously NO easy way to give your cat a pill and if you ever attempt it, I am sure you will be reminded of this story! ROFL
1) Pick up cat and cradle it in the crock of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of the cat’s mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.
2) Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.
3) Retrieve cat from bedroom and throw soggy pill away.
4) Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm while holding rear paws tightly with left hand Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.
5) Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Retrieve spouse from outside.
6) Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees. Hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold hear firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat’s throat vigorously.
7) Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.
8) Wrap cat i large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible form below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.
9) Check label to make sure pill is not harmful to humans. Drink one beer to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse’s forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.
10) Retrieve cat from neighbor’s shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard and close door on neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.
11) Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of scotch. Pour shot of scotch and drink. Apply cold compress to cheek and check record for date of last tetanus shot. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw shirt away and fetch new on from bedroom.
12) Call fire department to retrieve cat from across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.
13) Tie the little &#^@’s front legs to rear legs with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table. Find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of steak. Be rough about it. Hold cat’s head vertically and pour two pints of water down throat to wash pill down.
14) consume remainder of scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the ER. Sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.
15) Arrange for SPCA to collect mutant cat from hell and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.