Here’s some genius hacks that are guaranteed to make a parent’s job a little easier. Raising a tiny human being is one of the hardest jobs out there!
1. If your kids are always using new cups, give them their own designated cups with magnets to stick to the fridge.
Not only does this mean less dishwashing, but cups can be kept at kid-height instead of up-high cupboards.
3. Cover a play table in oilcloth to create a water-resistant outdoor picnic table for the kids.
Get the directions and tons more examples here.
4. A Capri Sun in the freezer becomes a fun and easy slushy.
Just freeze for six hours, cut the top open, and scoop out with a spoon!
5. Put a sticker that has been cut in half on shoes’ inner soles to show your child the correct foot for their shoes.
If your child is already able to put on their shoes but still gets a little confused between right and left, this little sticker trick will help you get out the door faster.
6. Keep pacifiers clean in your bag with sauce-to-go containers.
7. Dawn, hydrogen peroxide, and baking soda will get set-in baby food stains out of a onesie.
Get the recipe for this magical solution here.
8. Repurpose a large pump dispenser to fill water balloons.
10. The “You Shall Not Pass” sign provides a visual limit to how much toilet paper your child can take.
12. A rubber band will help kids grip pencils better.
14. Gluing pennies is a way to improvise tap dancing shoes.
In case your child is hoping to make it to Broadway someday.
16. A plastic cup will keep little hands safe when handling sparklers on the Fourth of July.
17. An inflatable pool makes a great safe play area for babies and toddlers.
18. A small spray bottle with 2 tablespoons of fabric softener and water = “Doll Hairspray.”
19. Another use for your glue gun: Plug up those holes in your bath toys so they don’t get all moldy.
21. Dollar store shower caddies are great to have around for eating in the car.
23. A crib sheet will keep an outdoor baby from getting bitten up by mosquitoes.
Sometimes you want to keep baby outside with you while working in the yard. A crib sheet provides shade and protection from bugs.
24. Use an egg carton for card games.
25. Use a glue gun to prevent shoes from slipping.
26. Catch kids trying to sneak out with this clever little hack.
28. Make a “busy wallet” with drawing paper, fun stickers, and a pen to occupy kids while they wait for their food.
The best panacea for kids who get fidgety at restaurants.
31. A $3 thrift store camera bag makes the best diaper bag ever.
SO MANY COMPARTMENTS.
32. Put a padlock on your plugs to keep your kids from plugging in electrical appliances.
33. And finally… this solution will SAVE YOUR LIFE (and your beds) during the potty-training phase.
Heather Spohr from The Spohrs Are Multiplying placed wee wee pads underneath her child’s fitted sheet to protect the mattress from accidents. She actually double layers them — one layer of wee wee pads, one fitted sheet, one layer of wee wee pads, another fitted sheet — so that she could remove the top layer after bed-wetting without having to re-fit the bed. A serious time and sleep saver during a challenging time.
Get even more brilliant parenting hacks here.