Camping is a very popular pastime and these RV Hacks are sure to help make your trip even more enjoyable!
1. Kids will love hanging out in this front seat hammock made from PVC pipe.
See how they made this here.
2. Use badge holder clips to hang string lights from your awning.
3. Use velcro to hold black-out curtains in place.
4. Wipe everything down with Pine-Sol to keep flies away.
Dilute it with water to create a 50/50 solution and wipe down your counters, tables, and awnings with it. Read more about this magical solution here.
5. Make scrambled eggs without dirtying up a bowl.
Mix ‘em up with milk in an empty water bottle for an easy breakfast.
6. A bar of Irish Spring soap will keep mice out of your vehicle.
Not convinced? Read this testimonial from a blogger.
7. Keep wasps away with cut up flea collars.
Wasps are attracted to the smell and taste of propane. To repel them, cut a flea collar in half and place in your RV compartments.
8. Anti-fatigue floor mats on the bottoms of bunks add comfort and insulation.
They’re cheap, too! You can buy 6 squares to fill a bunk for around $15-20.
9. Re-upholster your camper cushions with the least amount of sewing possible.
It’s like wrapping a gift! Get the full directions here.
10. Use a dry food container as a wastebasket.
11. Make your own waste tank cleaner.
Mix together a cup of Borax detergent and 1/2 cup of Calgon Water Softener.
12. Square containers save more space than round ones.
And they won’t bump up against each other as much.
13. Use paracord to make your own awning track hangers.
Hang lights, tarps, awnings in a surprisingly sturdy way. Get the full directions here.
14. Insulate your camper windows during the cold winter months with bubble wrap.
Medium to large bubbles work best. See how it’s done here.
15. Cut up a shoe organizer for instant bed storage.
16. Add glow-in-the-dark tape to your stairs at night.
17. Hook up IKEA LED lights to run on your trailer’s 12V system.
Get the instructions here.
18. Turn any cup into a travel cup with Press n’ Seal.
No more sudden spills!
19. A collapsible laundry basket becomes a makeshift garbage can at any picnic/camp site.
20. At a campsite? Tie a bar of soap to the spigot with pantyhose for easy hand washing.
21. Use a syringe to fix warped wood veneer.
Get the instructions here.
22. Here’s a great use for a dry erase board:
24. Keep your tissue boxes from getting wet/squished.
25. Prevent heat loss with a vent cushion.
Get one here.
26. Mount your electrical adapters to keep them neat and tidy.
Everything in one place.
27. Command hooks are a super easy way to hang curtains.
28. IMPORTANT: How to get better wi-fi in your RV.
If you’re reading this from your RV, you could probably use these tips.
29. Update those ugly floors with vinyl plank flooring.
It’s easy to install because you can cut the planks with a utility knife, they come pre-glued, and they’re waterproof to boot.
30. Use a shoe organizer for handy shower storage.
31. Line every shelf and drawer with non-slip liners.
32. Save all the free condiments you can.
Not only are they free, but they take up a lot less space than their full-sized counterparts.
33. Slit foam swim noodles lengthwise and slip over each awning strut.
No more bonked heads!
34. A suspension rod in the shower lets you hang clothes while they’re still damp.
35. A little spraypaint will help those sun-faded plastic parts on your RV look like new again.
36. These plastic mesh sleeves will keep your precious wine bottles from noisily knocking into each other.
You can get the mesh sleeves here.
37. This tip is great for road trips of all kinds: use shower caddies with suction cups to hold kid activities.
Need some more brilliant space-saving tips for your RV? Click here for storage solutions and organization hacks.
LET’S GO CAMPING!
Thumbnail photo via Oh So Lovely Vintage.