Signs that it may be time to find a new apartment RIGHT NOW!
1. Your landlord never fixes anything.
“Oh, your ceiling leaks every time your upstairs neighbor showers? I’ll get to it in the next couple of months.”
2. Your roommate is the queen/king of passive-aggressive notes.
Half the time you don’t even understand what you did wrong.
3. Actually, everyone leaves a LOT of notes.
4. Everyone in your building has very grouchy babies.
And they CRY. A LOT.
5. You literally have no cell service.
Your apartment is pretty much a BLACK HOLE.
6. Your monthly rent costs as much as a downpayment on a small house.
The rent is too damn high.
7. There are mice playing house in your pantry.
Sounds cute, but it’s mostly just disturbing.
8. You bought stock in pepper spray.
Your walk home feels vaguely post-apocalyptic. Is that a wolf on a motorcycle? Just don’t make eye contact.
9. You had a fling with your hot neighbor, and now you see them in the elevator EVERY DAY.
10. You no longer receive rent invoices, but you do receive late notices on rent.
11. And, of course, ghosts.